You don’t have to completely change course and become a “fitgirl”, “bodybuilder” or “health guru”.
Sometimes you can suffice with some small changes. By making only a few small adjustments in your daily routine, it is already possible to be healthier.
Below we share some tips!
Diet and weight
- The ratio between the different food groups: most vegetables, then a large amount of protein, then fats and fruit.
- Eat what the season offers you.
- Eat more vegetables with your evening meal to get enough vitamins and minerals.
- Better good meat twice a week, than 7 times a bad portion.
- Use the entire product as much as possible (‘whole food’) and no light, low-fat or even fat-free products. Fat inhibits the absorption of sugars and Aspartame has many disadvantages.
- Eat as many wholegrain products and fresh biodynamic, ecological or “wild” products.
- Avoid food with preservatives and colors, fragrances and flavors as much as possible.
- Eat a lot of vegetables spread over all meals; so 2-3 times a day e.g. in the form of salad, soup, smoothie, puree, leftovers from the previous evening that you use in your breakfast.
- Cooking, steaming or fermenting makes vegetables easier to digest. Prefer steaming.
- Just freeze self-prepared meals. It will save you time to cook.
- Take a piece of fruit as a snack instead of a cake.
- Start the morning with 2-3 glasses of lukewarm water, preferably with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Drink a glass of water (at room temperature) regularly throughout the day. Water with fresh fruit or with fresh herbs in it is delicious.
- Do not drink or a maximum of 1 glass of alcohol per day.
- Skip the soda and have a glass of water or a cup of tea instead.
- If you have time for social media (like facebook), you also have time to move…!
- Park your car one street away when you go to work, so you can walk a longer distance.
- Take the bike for distances shorter than 5 kilometers!
- Take a ‘detour’ in the evening. Good for your night’s rest and for your relationship / friendship when you walk together!
- Exercise with the necessary variety. We often lean towards the same type of movement, so that we put too little strain on certain muscle groups and others too much.
- Muscles are organs with many mitochondria. They are our energy producers.
- Exercise first, then eat. Your reserves will then be used. Exercising soberly ensures that the good substances from food can be better selected and that fat reserves are constantly renewed.
- Try to exercise outdoors (or with the windows open) as much as possible.
- Alternate days with more intensive training with days with less intensive exercise. Alternating intensity improves the condition.
- Move on natural surface and environment.
- Exercise is a must, sports are allowed!
- Go walking, dancing or cycling with someone else.
- Make an appointment to visit family, friends, neighbors or acquaintances, or to invite them to your home. You don’t have to do that with an extensive dinner or so!
- Become a member of an club where you can meet (new) people (sports, hobby, gardening, reading, singing, cards, etc.).
- Just have a chat on the street (you will be amazed at the results).
- Take a walk with your colleagues during breaks at work.
Day rhythm and sleep
- Get enough sleep per night, try to go to bed half an hour earlier.
- Put your phone away more often and, for example, do not leave it in your bedroom at night.
- Read a book or inspiring article, listen to a podcast or cheerful music. This affects your sleep quality and happiness.
- Make sure you have enough daylight and exercise to get optimal sleep in the evening.
- Make sure you go to bed completely relaxed. No more TV, PC, tablet or mobile, at least half an hour before bedtime.
- Reduce stress by scheduling adequate relaxation.
- Take advantage of breaks at work; take a walk or chat with a colleague.
- Take time to practice your hobbies.
- Regularly take a break between activities and then focus on completely different things.
- Do a relaxation exercise.
- Consider doing volunteer work, especially if you no longer work. Of course, that work should suit you.
- Ask an (older) neighbor if you can do something for her / him.
- Find, together with your partner, friends, neighbors, etc. an activity with which you can help your environment, neighborhood etc.